Age Classification for Performing Arts in Macao
Handling age classification applications for public performance or film screening held in public places in Macao.
Public performances and film screening held in public places in Macao.
Application documents (including application forms and related materials such as video and texts), as well as relevant promotional materials (such as posters, advertisements and film stills) are required to submit to the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts. The performing arts activities can only be held after getting the age classification result from the Assessment Committee.
Cultural Affairs Bureau – Assessment Committee of Performing Arts
Room 39, 5/F, Edf. Montepio, Avenida Doutor Mário Soares, No. 25, Macao
Tel.: (853) 2871 0306, (853) 2871 5904
Fax: (853) 2871 0311
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Application Procedures and Documents:
- Completed application form (purchased at the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts, MOP 3 for each form);
- Materials related to the age classification of the activities (such as photographs, posters, plot summary and audiovisual materials).
Free of charge for the service. Require to purchase the application form (MOP 3 each) only.
Applicant should submit the application for age classification to the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts in person, at least 72 hours prior to the date of activity (Should submit complete application documents. More information can be obtained from the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts).
- If the application documents are not approved by the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts, applicant should modify or submit supplementary documents;
- If any modification to the classified performing arts activities affects the result of the age classification, applicant should submit a new application for classification.
Result of the Application:
Applicants should collect the result of the application at the Assessment Committee of Performing Arts
- Establishment of Assessment Committee of Performing Arts and its related functions and duties — Decree-Law no. 15/78/M
- Measures on the sale, display and showcase of pornographic and obscene material — Law no. 10/78/M