1. The Department of Performing Arts Development is responsible for:
1) Collaborating in the process of drafting a policy for the development of the performing arts;
2) Promote the sustainable development of local performing arts;
3) Proposing policies for the training of local cadres in the field of arts management;
4) Plan and expand diversified performing arts venues and art spaces in order to promote the development of folk art;
5) Establish exchange platforms for local performing arts groups;
6) Supporting public services and other public and private entities in the setting up and organisation of cultural shows.
2. The Department of Performing Arts Development comprises the Division of Recreational Activities, the Division of Performing Arts and the Macao Cultural Centre.
Tap Siac Square, Cultural Affairs Bureau Building, Macao
Tel: (853) 2836 6866
Fax: (853) 2836 6808
Division of Recreational Activities
The Division of Recreational Activities is responsible for:
1) Organising events that contribute to the preservation of cultural manifestations and local folk customs;
2) Promoting and supporting the organisation of urban entertainment activities and artistic and cultural manifestations, as part of urban festivities, with a view to the enrichment of the cultural life of the population;
3) Collaborating with other public services in the organisation and promotion of activities in the field of performing arts.
Division of Performing Arts
The Division of Performing Arts is responsible for:
1) Promoting the creation and revitalization of spaces earmarked for performing arts activities;
2) Encourage artistic and cultural creation and create art spaces in the communities;
3) Assist in enriching platforms for art exhibition and promote the development of community art;
4) Promote the popularisation of art and culture and carry forward local cultural characteristics;
5) Promoting programmes and activities aimed at improving the quality of art managers of local artistic and cultural groups;
6) Foster and facilitate the organisation of large-scale arts and cultural events.
Macao Cultural Centre
1. The Macao Cultural Centre is responsible for:
1) Coordinating, planning and managing the spaces under the supervision of the Cultural Affairs Bureau that are earmarked for the production of shows;
2) Ensuring the organisation of activities related to theatre, cinema, dance, music, opera, as well as other performances and artistic and cultural events;
3) Coordinating with other public and private entities in the organisation of performing arts activities.
2. The rules of use of the spaces mentioned in point 1) are established by internal regulations, approved by Order of the Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture, to be published in the Official Gazette of the Macao Special Administrative Region.
3. The Macao Cultural Centre is headed by a Director, with equivalent status to a Head of Division.